Tricky Problems (***)

:: Main :: Community

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Tricky Problems (***)

Post by remenant on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:45 pm

We love you Ric =D wrote:there's a lot of greek in this "maths" shiz they should try updating them equation's and what not instead of zeta our homme's should be puttin fallout 3 up in there faces know what I'm sayin

In the words of Manuel: "Keh?"

Admin

Number of posts : 451
PSN : remenant
Registration date : 2008-03-30

View user profile http://mgscom.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxide on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:46 pm

Well, yes, but it is often very difficult to universalize any symbolic mathematical changes. Mathematicians prefer to use greek letters, too - mathematician Friedrich Gauss, I believe, was one who looked for new and intuitive ways of writing already-present symbols in mathematics and altering them slightly, by bolding or italicizing them, or enlarging them (i.e. product series notation). However, his notation was often overruled by Euler, Euclid, or other mathematicians, since his notation was often longer and shorter Greek letters were more preferred.

Although, I'd agree that Greek letters are frustrating in the sense that they must always have a statement to show what they mean. Greek letters in mathematics and physics differ so greatly; phi in mathematics is essential to us, as it is the symbol for what we know as the golden ratio (the true elegance of mathematics). Yet, in physics, it represents photon density (or a density of a said matter, or similar). I would assume that the same holds true for chemistry, and perhaps electromagnetism, which is a much more explored topic in the modern era.

Foxide
Brainiac
Brainiac

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by We love you Ric =D on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:51 pm

dayum i had no idea mah question was so intelligent i should has me one o dem deplomafications and a funny ass hat. next imma figure out wat Grahams number is and call dat boi up yo.
We love you Ric =D
VIP
VIP

Number of posts : 288
MPO+ : OMG PONIES
PSN : rcand9
GamerTag : id brokended
Wii Number : i can do wee =D
Soldier ID : L.T Ricardo
Registration date : 2008-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down